Neural Inc. signs on to the United Nations-supported Principles for Responsible Investment (PRI), becoming the 31st Japanese company to join the association. The PRI is recognized as the leading global network for investors and financial service providers who are committed to integrating environmental, social and governance (ESG) considerations into their investment practices and ownership principles. Neural Inc. will support investors for ESG investing by providing new knowledge and latest business cases.
PRI consists of 6 principles.
- We will incorporate ESG issues into investment analysis and decision-making processes.
- We will be active owners and incorporate ESG issues into our ownership policies and practices.
- We will seek appropriate disclosure on ESG issues by the entities in which we invest.
- We will promote acceptance and implementation of the Principles within the investment industry.
- We will work together to enhance our effectiveness in implementing the Principles.
- We will each report on our activities and progress towards implementing the Principles.
As of today, there are 1,378 corporations and organizations signing PRI in the world. ESG had been seen as an exceptional mean of investing. The style, however, is becoming widely accepted among conventional investors as well for the reasons of higher ROIC and lower risk taking.